Saturday, June 11, 2011

Denali Part 1

All of a sudden, life seems completely different.  At church last night, the congregation was prayed for and since then, i have felt so much more at peace!  My family hasn't been fighting nearly as much as they were, and it makes the entire household feel joyful.  My sister just got home from a week as a helper at camp.  Being away from her piano for so long, made her immediately play.  I have been able to read blogs with the enchanting background sound of piano music. 
I feel so rested.  It's so nice to feel that way after three weeks of constant chaos.  I have a little bit of a headache, but that's easy to ignore.  So I am now ready to go through the dozens of wildlife photographs I took in Denali, and pick the best few. 
The bus tour we went on was eight hours long.  I wasn't really looking forward to it, and had planned to just fall asleep, but it went by so fast, I didn't have time!  By our first stop, all we had seen was a moose.  Though it was very exciting, moose isn't an uncommon sight where I live.  So I kept praying for for something a bit more exciting.  Like doll sheep, maybe.  We definitely got to see doll sheep.  After our first stop, we came upon a herd that not only was along the side of the road, but ran down, crossed, and ran up the other side of the mountain!  Cameras were out and exclamations of, "Wow!" and "Look at them run!" were heard everywhere.  But God hadn't finished blessing us yet. 


And just in case you were wondering, here's what I look like after riding in a bus for an hour.
There are a lot more pictures here than I thought, so I'll save some till next time.
God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment. What a wonderful thought - to be reading blogs while listening to your sister play piano. I've visited Alaska - and yes, I got to see quite a few moose! Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a minute there, i thought those lovely white creatures were a flock of magical unicorns. lovely photographic style you have!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete