Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hammock

Today was the first sunny day in over a week.  Besides the half hour I spent swinging on my hammock, I spent most of the day indoors.  I made pizza and then I wasted my day on the Internet, playing mindless games that really don't help anything.  I read a book once where the main character had a bracelet that reversed spells.  If only there were some sort of bracelet that would reverse feelings!  So instead of feeling restless, I could feel perfectly at peace.  And instead of feeling lazy, I would have motivation and get things done! 
But there is no such bracelet.  Instead there is a thing called perseverance.  I like that word and I feel like I use it quite a bit.  When I was little, it was one of the biggest words I knew.  I would say it around my friends at church and feel smart when they asked me what it meant.
I have a list and I am determined to get it done.  No more pushing it until the end of the day.  No more lazy Internet or ipod games.  No more sitting on the couch staring at the wall. 
Determination!  Perseverance!


Having our new hammock up this summer is so wonderful.  I like to make it swing side to side really fast and feel the air blow over my face.  Sometimes my neighbor's big golden dog comes up to the fence and watches me.
I do a lot of thinking while I swing on the hammock.  Mostly, I make up conversations in my head.  Conversations with my sisters, my cousins, my friends, people I don't even know!  Sometimes it is with people I don't like.  I always outsmart them in my little make believe conversations, but that never happens in real life.  
Sometimes, too, I make up stories.  Things that will happen in the stories I am writing or things I want to do (like run through a field of tall grass or swing on a rope over a water hole!)





No comments:

Post a Comment