Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jane

To some it may seem a meager accomplishment.  But I am happy about it.  I have finished Jane Eyre.  If I were to describe it in a single word, it would be Beautiful.  I'd say it is my favorite, but there are simply too many lovely stories to pick a favorite.  Every single one is different. 


I honestly know very little about classics.  If you asked me to name old famous authors, I could name a few.  Charles Dickens, Charlotte Bronte, Louisa May Alcott, several others.  I may feel like I know a lot about classics, but then I talk to my sister who seems to know everything about everything, and I realize how little I know.  But you can never know everything about something.  You can never even know everything about yourself.
But I have strayed from my subject.  Jane Eyre.  But what else is there to write?  The book is there, if you want to learn more, pick it up for yourself!
I a very excited about the movie though.  It comes out on May 11, my mother's birthday.


Finishing the romance has added a new desire in my heart for classics.  I am not sure if my mind could comprehend many of them, but I will try.  I think next I will tackle Anne of Green Gables.  I know the story well, though I have never read the books.  I've heard it dramatised and I have seen the movie.  How accurate they are, I will soon find out for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment